Hannaford Supermarkets partners with Maine Bicentennial to promote Statehood dinners
Mar. 06, 2020
Hannaford Supermarkets and the Maine Bicentennial Commission announced their collaboration to promote the Maine Bicentennial Community Dinners across the state, to share Maine’s bounty with others and promote a healthy future for Maine’s communities.
- The Kennebec Estuary Land Trust, Maine’s First Ship, and the Merrymeeting Gleaners present a community Baked Bean Supper in honor of the State of Maine’s Bicentennial, March 14, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Bath Freight Shed, 27 Commercial St., Bath. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-442-8400.
- The Readfield Historical Society, The Readfield Community Library and The Readfield Age Friendly Committee will host a Public Potluck Supper on March 14, 6 p.m., Alfond Dining Commons, Kent’s Hill School, Main Street (Route 17), Readfield. Guests are encouraged to bring a hot dish or salad. David Cheever, vice chairman of the Maine Bicentennial Commission, will be the featured speaker.
- The Thomaston Maine 200 Committee will host a Boiled New England Dinner on March 14, 5 p.m. at the American Legion Williams-Brazier Post 037, 10 Watts Ave, Thomaston; $8 for adults, $5 for children.
- The Town of Brunswick and Bowdoin College will host a Bicentennial Bean Supper at Bowdoin College, Thorne Dining Hall, 255 Maine S., Brunswick, on March 14 from 4-6 p.m. The open house-style event features a historical program at 5 p.m. by PHC and Maine State Music Theatre, tours of Bowdoin Art Museum’s Maine-themed exhibits, crafts and games for kids, and music by Pejepscot Station. Tickets are $7.50 adults, $4.50 kids (5-12 years).
- The Augusta Elks Lodge #964, 367 Civic Center Drive, Augusta will host a public community supper celebrating Maine’s bicentennial birthday on Saturday, March 14 from 5-7 p.m. Tickets are $10 per person and will be available at the Lodge and at the door.
- The Heart of Ellsworth will host a Bicentennial Baked Bean Supper on March 14 from 5-7 p.m. at 142 Main St., Ellsworth. Admission is $7 adults; $3 kids 12 and under, at the door. Live music, family games, cash bar.
- The Bicentennial Birthday Bash in Rockland, March 14, will feature a traditional Maine bean supper at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Rockland, hosted in partnership with Rockland’s One Community Many Voices, and Café Miranda, from 12:30-5 p.m. The public is invited to bring food donations and drop them off at any one of the partner organizations throughout the day-long event.
- The Town of Eliot will host a Community Supper featuring baked beans, hot dogs and ham, brown bread and more, from 4-6 p.m. on Saturday, March 14 at the United Methodist Church, Route 236 in Eliot. Organizers are seeking donations to the Footprints Food Pantry.
- St. Michael Parish, 75 Northern Avenue in Augusta, will host a special pasta dinner on Saturday, March 14, from 5-7 p.m. All are welcome to attend. Admission is free but donations will be accepted to benefit the area’s Meals on Wheels program. Please RSVP at (207) 623-8823.
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church is hosting a community supper on Friday, March 20 from 4:30-6 p.m. to celebrate Maine’s bicentennial. The supper will feature traditional Maine foods, and a historical display. Supper is free, but donations will be accepted to support fuel assistance and other emergency services provided by St. Rose Parish Social Ministry. The dinner will include pasta with the choice of Bolognese, marinara, and alfredo sauces, as well as salad, garlic bread, desserts and beverages.