Important Updates on Our Response to COVID-19
As the scope and impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to evolve, Hannaford remains focused on providing you and our communities with the food, medicine and other essentials your family needs. Our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our customers and our associates. We are closely monitoring the situation and reacting quickly to changing circumstances, and we will continue to update you with the latest information here.
Face masks/face coverings for customers:
Customers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear masks in our stores, except in those states and towns where a local law or ordinance requires mask usage.
Click here to learn about COVID-19 vaccine availability. Please check back regularly as vaccine availability may change quickly.
Safety and Product Updates
Hannaford has taken extensive steps to ensure our associates and customers are safe during this health crisis. This work is guided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's science-based recommendations and updated as new information and guidance are provided. These measures include:
Customer health and safety
- Individuals who have not received COVID-19 vaccination are asked to wear masks while shopping. We provide free masks for customers who need them. Hannaford is abiding by all state and local laws relating to the use of face coverings.
- Please follow the one-way traffic arrows in the aisles to maintain a 6-foot distance from others at all times.
- Associates will bag in clean reusable bags brought from home. This includes bags brought from outside the stores as well as, but not limited to, fabric, plastic, paper and mesh.
Associate health and safety
- Plexiglass protection barriers have been installed at the registers between customers and the cashiers.
- Masks and gloves are available to all store associates. Gloves are required for those jobs where the CDC and other health officials have provided guidance that they should be worn.
We have implemented several tactics to ensure safe social distancing for both customers and associates in our stores, including:
- We are now offering temporary curbside pickup and mailings for prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy directly for more information about these options. Payment by credit card will be requested prior to pickup and mailings. Find Pharmacy
- Clear signage throughout the store emphasizing six-foot distancing practices.
- Signage and floor decals indicating six-foot spacing for customers waiting in line at the checkout.
- One-way directional signage in aisles for safer customer traffic flow.
Product availability and refunds
- Self-service food stations including salad bars, hot bars and self-service bakery remain closed, but we are offering a wide variety of pre-packed products in these departments.
- We will honor refunds for quality guarantees and reimbursement for wrong items as well as pricing and scanning errors. Our raincheck policy is currently suspended. If an item has been recalled, we will provide a refund.
Hannaford To Go Updates
With demand high for pickup times, here are some tips to securing your time slot:
- New slots are added each day, so please check back after 8 pm to reserve your pickup times.
- We encourage you to check for available time slots BEFORE starting your order.
- Time slot selector shows real-time availability. Kindly refrain from calling stores directly as they cannot open a time slot for you.
In order to complete checkout, your Hannaford To Go subtotal cannot exceed $600.
Some products are out of stock or have limited availability, so you may experience increased substitutions. When an item is out of stock, we'll choose the best matching substitute, however, if don't want an item to be substituted, you can indicate at checkout.