1. In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, stir, then add broth, bay leaf, thyme, paprika, cayenne if using, salt, and pepper. Add just enough water to cover potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Add haddock and corn and stir. Cook until haddock is opaque and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. While fish cooks, heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Do not let it boil. Add milk to soup mixture and stir. Keep at low temperature.
5. To serve, ladle into shallow bowls. Top with chopped parsley and a sprinkling of smoked paprika, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2014